Carver Camp - Golden CO

PMTS Forum

Re: I don't care Rusty

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:31 pm

Eddy wrote:Rusty is a passive, subversive, antagonist. He thinks he?s subtle but that?s why people here on PMTS don?t like him or his posts. We see through him. Many call him on his BS. He tries to cover up his subversive comments by throwing a bone every once and awhile like ?I never say anything bad about anyone?s skiing?, yet he constantly attacks Harald personally, on Epic. He has plenty to say about PMTS other than Harald, Diana and SCSA are good skiers. His comments are mostly childish, playground type of attacks.

I saw him in action for a couple of months last year when I posted on Epic, as Carver-lust. I became disenchanted with Epic because of the relentless double speak, rambling and confusion. The normal post is pages long, makes no sense, but some how proves to their audience that BB and company are ski experts.

I was so pleased when Peter Keelty and Harald joined up and started this forum. Even the people from Epic (mostly) are polite and more even minded then when they post on Epic. They still go back to Epic and agree with BB on everything. I think if you don?t over there you are not in the ?secret hand shake club?.

Rusty, unfortunately for him and I believe that?s where much of his angry originates, is in no-mans-land. He hangs off BB?s coat tails. He isn?t recognized as an expert on Epic or any where else as far as I can gather. I don?t even know what or where Eldora is and he sure isn?t appreciated on PMTS. So Rusty, go away.

In conclusion, this is not an attack on Rusty personally; I think he?s a great guy, probably one of the best ski instructors in the world, if not in the USA.

First of all Eddy I would say you are doing little to quiet any fires. Take a quick look at your posts at Epicski and see who is best labled antagonistic.

No I don't agree with much of what PMTS teaches. I agree with some. What I don't agree with and what I find most tiresome are the constant negative references to "traditional" ski instruction.

In terms of long posts......I think there is one person here who can fall into that catagory. Let's be fair.

You mention the word polite. Do we need to list a few of your epicski posts here?

Expert? I have never used the term and have many posts where I say I AM no expert. I am a PSIA level III cert. Again in terms of hanging on coat-tails and agreement I think folks here are in general agreement with Harald.

What or where Eldora is? Who is passive aggresive? You have used that line several times at epicski and I think you need to take a look in the mirroe my friend.Eldora is above Boulder, home of the CU ski team, and at 738 acres is larger than Stowe or Tremblant according to ski magazine. I do find that stat tough to believe. It does preety darn well and with 1400 feet of vertical at 9200-10400 feet gets great snow. By all means come visit.

http://www.eldora.com

You bet it's a small local resort. The US is full of them. If you are going to look down your nose at small resorts you'll stay busy. I had several offers this winter to teach at Summit County or Grand county resorts and prefer the short commute and a local customer base. Believe it or not there are resorts in Colorado looking for PSIA Full Certs.

Postby Rusty Guy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:42 pm

Forgot to put in my name again!
Rusty Guy

Re: I don't care Rusty

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:51 pm

Eddy wrote: I don?t even know what or where Eldora is

Just an interested bystander, but I do find it amusing that you make the above statement yet list on Epic that you're from Denver and your home mountain is....(drum roll please)....Eldora.

Postby milesb » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:55 pm

Ott, I want you to know that today I was yodeling while flying down the top of Mammoth in a foot of vanilla shake freshies. But I had another drink anyways. :wink:
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Postby Ott Gangl » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:18 am

Now that is skiing, miles....Ott
Ott Gangl

Postby piggyslayer » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:57 am

I am intrigued by the ?what is fun vs. what is work? discussion in this thread.
It is interesting, and I am posting another thread on this topic.

Ott, Rusty, to be fair to John, you may not know how close skiing on carvers feels like to skiing on skis. I do not use word skating when referring to carvers, they require skiing movements and produce skiing sensations. John was after 3 day drill intense carver camp, if I were him, I would just itch to try exactly the same drills on skis.

I own slalom and all-mountain skis, when I ski on slaloms for long time and switch to all-mountain I feel off balance for an hour or so, it is no-fun to be off balance and I have to ?work? on regaining the balance. I expect the same ?adjustment? work when I switch to skis after summer/fall of carver skiing. This work includes many drills.

First day on snow! Some ?work? on getting the act straight is a must!
Piggy Slayer
let the piggy breathe
piggyslayer

Postby Ott Gangl » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:02 am

Piggyslayer, I'm not ever saying that one must ski good or correct or any which way to have fun. I see the wedgers coming down the greens and hooting and holering and then they get six inches of air over a little bump and that gives them bragging rights at the bar.

You either have fun or you don't. Fun can happen in a ski schol where everybody is doing the same turns under the tutelage of an instructor or it can be fun to just chase each other down the hill or challenge oneself or do drills until it clicks.

In a cohesive group that has decided to ski together there can, and often is a differing idea of what cosists FUN. One is having fun making garlands across the slope, another does the GS turns fast while still another is a slow skier for whom everybody has to wait at a stop, etc.

So I believe that a concensus should be reached beforehand as to what is to be done, and if one doesn't fit into the group, as I often don't, there is no problem of going one's separate way until meeting for Jaegermeisters.

As I said before, I often separate myself from a fast running group because my idea of fun, for me, is precision and control. So, to each his own.

Since father back in time than I can remember ski equipment manufcturers have sent me skis or I have purchased several pair on the pro forms, but after skiing them one day I always just picked one pair and stuck with them all season. Getting to know a pair really well, I could forget about them since I knew what they would do in any circumstance.

I realize that the skiers out west who ski a lot of powder like the help they get from wide powder skis skiing bottomless fluff, but let's face it, in a foot of powder over packed you just ski on the packed that is cushioned by the powder and floating over the top of it, though fun, isn't enough to change skis FOR ME. Your mileage may vary.

Now I'm curious if Harald changes ski types often or stics with one pair.

...Ott

BTW, John is having fun LEARNING and I applaud that.
Ott Gangl

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System