Late hit and edge set skiing!

PMTS Forum

Re: Late hit and edge set skiing!

Postby h.harb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:10 pm

If this is Berger, which it could be, he's squared up and using the pole plant swing we are trying to get rid of in our skiing.
This is definitely old school.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:16 pm

OK I'm less impressed now. This is another example of sloppy skiing, pinched outside knee, leaning, not great demonstrations. If I skied like this I'd be disappointed. I'm not saying I've never seen myself like this, but it's not often and when I see it; I fix it before I publish a video with it.

I have recreational skiers who I coach, who ski cleaner than this and are better aligned. Shows you what you can do with PMTS, even compared to the Austrian Demo Team.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Hey Max501 and Art, this is making your skiing look better and better.
h.harb

Postby romeomike » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:21 pm

just watching the Ritchie Berger DVD again and browsed through to the section you have frozen... it is ritchie... the frozen frame on youtube is very bad quality... but in good definition the hair is blond and when he skis close you can see very clearly that it is him in comparing what he looks like in a close up interview at the start of the dvd... also the DVD is about Ritchie which would be more strange if someone els demonstrated his short turns and not have them in the credits...

The guy in the black (blue suit and black vest black pants) in the "technical mogul skiing" is Bernt Graber im pretty sure who was an austrian trainer too and also have part of a dvd from him also... not from the dvd that this is taken from though.... but but bernt died in an avalanche a while back im pretty sure...... but there are a few other skirs in there that are from a technical skiing competition in japan... who i dont know... ill have to double check if it is Bernt Graber i the black... but in that technical mogul skiing one I also have the dvd from the Ritchie Berger Mogul skiing DVD the pink skier... and the guy with the red pants and black jacket is one of ritchies trainers... whos DVD i have and is crazy skiing... mostly moguls... some short turns and long turns but majority off piste...

good skiing or not i like watching it... its fun
romeomike

Postby h.harb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:26 pm

This is down right mediocre.
This is a dumped turn and it's not the only one. I know a few PMTS recreational skiers who don't have credentials like Berger, who can make round parallel turns better than this.

I guess if this is a standard, you can shot for a lower level in your skiing and still feel good, I know that I wouldn't.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:28 pm

whos DVD i have and is crazy skiing... mostly moguls.

I agree the mogul skiing is impressive.
h.harb

Postby romeomike » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:29 pm

i think its strange that they are advertising with those clips also... the high end skiing is awesome in the end of the DVD...
romeomike

Postby h.harb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:44 pm

I think you'll see a different attention to detail and skiing quality, when my Free Ski DVD comes out.
h.harb

Postby dbntina » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:48 pm

That is Japanese katakana. The title says Elegant Ski, basically the Japanese are saying that the skiing in the red jacket is elegant skiing. For what its worth.
dbntina

Postby romeomike » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:51 pm

yes the title of the DVD is called "elegant ski"... thats what it says on the cover anyway...
romeomike

Postby h.harb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:36 pm

To me they are misrepresenting who is skiing in the DVD. None of it matches or makes sense. I know one thing for sure not all the skiers are Berger.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:47 pm

I'm amazed that after this thread there isn't a Forum movement to ban anything to do with extension, push off, knocked knees and moving the CM.
h.harb

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:18 pm

h.harb wrote:I'm amazed that after this thread there isn't a Forum movement to ban anything to do with extension, push off, knocked knees and moving the CM.

I know I'm trying to ban that kind of stuff from my own skiing. As you know I'm struggling with a few of these lacking essentials, and from a student's perspective, there is no point in trying to perfect skiing that includes inefficient movement. At high levels it just doesn't work like when the essentials are properly applied.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby romeomike » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:42 pm

i guess it only works for Ritchie Berger because hes a freak... :shock:
romeomike

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Romeo, I don't know what you missed in this thread, but it sure isn't working from Richie Berger either. You can't leave out Essentials and look like a complete skier. And he surely isn't a complete skier.
h.harb

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System