Time to move on

PMTS Forum

Time to move on

Postby Harald » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:43 pm

Here are a few points and comments about the Video thread, I?m sure there are some people cringing at the skiing dissection of the two video clips posted on the PMTS forum. Contrary to some beliefs, I have seen nothing that suggests exuberant, gleeful attacks on the individuals or derogatory, belittling comments about the skiing. Most of the participants on the thread are trying to understand, analyze and question. I see nothing wrong with analyzing skiing that is supposed to be the example for others. My skiing is always under scrutiny and those that like it can choose to ski with me or other PMTS coaches. Those that do not, can find other skiers/instructors they like. If you are in the public domain, get used to being criticized or analyzed, it comes with the territory.

No one said the skiing on the videos is bad. The point that is failing to make an impression is that this skiing is different from PMTS, and I agree, it is different. If skiers want to ski with the movements demonstrated in the videos that is their choice. There are plenty of PSIA followers and instructors who commented favorably and gushed over the quality of the skiing in the video.

PSIA followers should be happy that the skiing on the video meets their standards. Just because PMTS exists, has developed a strong following and offers radically ?different? skiing results, does not make PSIA wrong, just an alternative?

My evaluation of the posts prompts me to respond accordingly, I think PMTS and its members, followers; supporters have been polite, accurate and realistic in the face of what could have been said. PMTS is well supported and clarified; the posters have represented themselves in a mature, distinguished and mature manner. I congratulate all that have contributed for properly differentiating between PMTS and other systems.

Some seem concerned that I influence or direct underground strategy sessions for posters. I have no control over what people post and have yet to develop mind controlling skills. I have no inclination to rein anyone in or tell them what they should post. No individual posts can influence PMTS or reflect on me HH personally. PMTS is a well documented system and my values and ideas about skiing are widely available, any changes to these will be published in an official manner with my endorsement. PMTS systems do not change with every post or opinion. Everyone is free to have their own opinion. This is a free opinion forum. We ask that people be polite and civil, and that they post a legit name. (It?s OK Piggyslayer, we know where to find you)

I have from the beginning of my ski coaching career tried to educate skiers about their skiing. I have tried to bring awareness to skiers about quality standards for lessons, movements and technique. I will continue to do this. An educated skier makes better decisions. Anyone who thinks there is an official representative or spokesperson on this forum to build up PMTS is slightly paranoid. But remember, just because you are paranoid doesn?t mean we?re not out to get you. That?s a joke, so don?t hang me!

For those who don?t know Skier Synergy, he is a PMTS accredited instructor, he teaches friends and other interested skiers, but does not work as a ski instructor. He is an intelligent, out going, helpful, skier who has tremendous passion for skiing, the outdoors, and Harb Carving. He teaches and works in admissions for a college in Portland, Oregon and skis often at Mt Hood. He has a wealth of skiing mileage and skiing history in his body and mind. He is a former freestyle competitor and he is an avid, skilled, back country, and all mountain skier. He is a stand-out free skier, rock climber, and gymnast. Anyone who has seen his analysis of skiing on the video posted here now is aware of his talent as a skiing analyst. He will be coaching with us this year in Harb Ski Systems camps.
Harald

Kudos

Postby Rusty Guy » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:02 pm

I just posted at the other thread how impressed I was with SkierSynergy's writing. It makes sense that he is in the education field.

I'll take this opportunity to commend you Harald for the tone/tenor of this post.

I'll also take this opportunity to again say what I have said before. I have often seen Harald and Diana ski at Loveland. Both are tremendous skiers and I enjoy watching their turns. I was also THE first person at Epic to say to SCSA "let's go ski". I defy anyone to find anywhere that I have ever had anything but praise for the guys strength, athleticism, and skiing progress. He is an obscenely good bump skier for a guy with as little time on skis as he has.

I don't know where you are SCSA, however, I hope all is well and I look forward to seeing you this winter.

Winter is just around the corner. I hope all the acrimony will die down when the season starts. Again HH, hats off to you for the suggestion for all to move on.
Rusty Guy

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System