Hi Hobbit - I see your on - any snow yet?

PMTS Forum

Hi Hobbit - I see your on - any snow yet?

Postby John Mason » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:26 pm

Any snow - do you think loveland or a-basin will open by carver camp?
John Mason

I hope it's not raining in the Golden area...

Postby Hobbit » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:07 pm

In 2002 I started the season in Loveland on Oct 19. Last year Loveland opened on Oct 28th and A-Basin opened on Nov 1 (Copper was operating for racers well before Oct 28th). There was no natural snow last year by this time. Now they have plenty of snowfalls and it keeps snowing in the mountains all the time, plus the snow guns are in operation. So the chances I?d say are very good.

So far I see cold and snow in forecast, but don?t ask me to predict the weather. John, you know the answer better than I do ? you?ve got to move to the Summit or Eagle county ? that?s the real solution if you don?t want to rely on the weather forecast ;-) .
Hobbit
Site Admin

Actually - we're looking into that

Postby John Mason » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:17 pm

Hobbit wrote:you?ve got to move to the Summit or Eagle county ? that?s the real solution if you don?t want to rely on the weather forecast ;-) .

Summit and Eagle are pretty expensive from what I have seen. Over winterpark way seems more sane.

Wouldn't be full time move, but a migratory solution might be fun.

(Why not the full time move? We have a little new grandkid (only one so far) that is a mere 1 hour away at our present location - so I might have better luck building a mountain here in Indiana then a permanent move to Colorado :) )
John Mason

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System