A good thing about this forum

PMTS Forum

A good thing about this forum

Postby milesb » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:50 pm

Most members use their real names (or part of). Keeps it real.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Postby piggyslayer » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:15 pm

Sorry, :oops:
Piggy Slayer
let the piggy breathe
piggyslayer

really

Postby John Mason » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:40 pm

You mean piggyslayer is not your real name? :oops:

(besides - whoose to say this is my name? - or that I'm even who I say I am - I could be a quadraplegic 9 year old from tahiti making this all up - - isn't the internet wonderful?)
John Mason

Brando

Postby Curious » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:38 am

"I could be a quadraplegic 9 year old from tahiti making this all up "

Actually John, you remind of the journalist in Apocolypse Now" (played by Dennis Hopper) who kept talking about Kurtz as "brilliant, man, he's just brilliant ....."

Are you in charge of the souvenir concessions too?

You really need to get out and feel ALL that can be done on skis - you're truly missing out on a wonderful experience.
Curious

Brando

Postby Curious » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:43 am

"I could be a quadraplegic 9 year old from tahiti making this all up "

Actually John, you remind of the journalist in Apocolypse Now" (played by Dennis Hopper) who kept talking about Kurtz as "brilliant, man, he's just brilliant ....."

Are you in charge of the souvenir concessions too?

You really need to get out and feel ALL that can be done on skis - you're truly missing out on a wonderful experience.
Curious

What wonder am I missing?

Postby John Mason » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:14 pm

Curious wrote:You really need to get out and feel ALL that can be done on skis - you're truly missing out on a wonderful experience.

What are you talking about? If you're talking about powder, you're absolutly correct. I only ran into one day of powder so far.

Are you talking about where to ski?

Are you talking about the joys of rotation and blended skills?

I enjoy a good pivot slip just like the next guy. Or a hop turn, or a kick out hockey stop. I can carve or drift. I can ski cruiser style very upright, or aggressive racer style much lower and ready for anything. I ski with friends and play with their styles for the fun of it.

You must be talking about helicopter's upside down. You're right. I don't do those and don't want to do those.

-or-

Are you perpetuating the myth that PMTS is not applicable to all manner of skiing? Yep, that's probably it.

What do you think of the book "Ski the Whole Mountain"? What exactly are you harping about?

The last 1.5 years of skiing my 75 days have been a blast. I've been all over the country. I've skied the high altitude top of a-basin with it's dry snow to the corn icy slopes of Mt Hood in the summer. I've been to the groomed then rained on then refrozen Ice of Holiday Valley (and liked that low altitude air), to the night skiing solitude of Paoli Peaks.

I've had a blast. Which style of turning the skis that would really make my skiing fun are you so concerned that I explore? Slow drifts to turn as in PMTS's two footed release? Railroad turns accelerated to GS turns smoothly?

Have I not lived till I wedge some? I did that too. I still do as a LMD if I have too.

Unpuzzle me. Feet locked like stein doing high-speed by just little shoulder dips like my friend of 40years skis like?

I'm curious - Mr./Mrs./Ms Curious

(edited to correct some of the spelling and some of the grammer and to apologize to MilesB. What can be worse than to answer a thread hi-jacker that has no identifying qualities to his handle illustrating exactly what MilesB was talking about.)
John Mason

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System