annoucement - and - anyone for some summer skiing?

PMTS Forum

annoucement - and - anyone for some summer skiing?

Postby John Mason » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:42 pm

1. dog is fine - not an fce but severe neck strain
2. I may be skiing in chili last week of august - 4 to a room - anyone wanny go? - about 800 plus transportaion - includes all meals, lift tickets. Got 2 so far - http://www.skiportillo.com for info
3. I may be at mt hood next week - anyone going to be around?
4. I'm a granddad as of last week

Here is a shot of my mom holding him:

http://www.fototime.com/D59719AE584AF69/orig.jpg

SCSA - how's it cooking? Everything on track for your new arrival?
John Mason

Postby Hobbit » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:27 pm

Congratulations, John!!!

Time flies and I'm sure you'll be teaching him skiing really soon 8)

Hobbit
Hobbit
Site Admin

I'd have to get the parents permission

Postby John Mason » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:45 pm

I'd have to get the parents permission - so far the mother (my lovely daughter in law) - has told me I have to wait till he is 12.

They are the boss.

I suppose though, I could just have them along on some ski trips and the little tyke can watch his grandpa ski .... and maybe bug his mom and dad to try it.
John Mason

Postby *SCSA » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:06 am

Hi John,

Yes it is.

It's one day at a time for me. But I'm making it, giving it up to my higher power.

And I'm riding my bike again. :D Who knows? I may even show up to lap swim.

So we'll be checking you out soon.

Because it's now 3 1/2 months till the Big Show opens! :D

I'm also signed up for the ABasin camp!

#########
One day at a time. Today, I'm going to do what I did yesterday.
*SCSA

Skiing at Timberline

Postby margi and bob » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:05 am

Hi John,
We may be at Hood for a few days skiing Aug 9 - 12. If we are there we will have a room in Timberline Lodge. Leave a message. Sarah Richardson dir of Timberline Ski School and Summer Race Camp will know where we are if we are there. Also Dave - lift operater at base of Mile will know if we are there.
Cheers, Margi and Bob Albrecht
margi and bob

awesome - I'll be in the chalet rooms on the 1st floor

Postby John Mason » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:12 pm

Great! I'll see you there. I'm bringing the carvers to meet up with Jay Peterson for potential carver fun in the afternoon.

They might even get some more snow up on palmer. The next couple of days the snow line altitude is 8000 feet. In any case they are having a better year snow wise than last year. (when by 2nd half of september they had to shut it down - a first for them)

--------for others that may have never done a hood camp--------
They still have some room for any late Master Campers that want to come! Call Sarah and leave message today or tommorrow they'll be back in the office. The number is:

And the cost is 1320 for instruction, food, lodging, picnics, hiking, golfing, white water rafting, mountain biking. The lodge is beautiful as are the views. Skiing goes from Sunday to Friday - 6 days. Free demo skis from Atomic or Fischer (though Atomic is a sponser of the camp). It's a ton of fun.

This is not a PMTS camp or a HH camp. But it's still a blast. I think HH is there this week working with another camp from some of the posts.

http://www.timberlinelodge.com/mountain/ss_ski.asp

(and as always - I strongly encourage a HH and company camp)

(Each year a camper gets an absolute top of the line pair of atomic gs race skis - last year a guy from NJ got them)

At the little town of Government Camp 6 miles down the mountain from Timberline Lodge all the ski manufacturers have shops set up and most will let you try stuff out. It's is trip for sure if your into your ski gadgets.

Here is a link to some pictures I took at last years camp showing the breadth of activites they do (as well as the gourmet picnic):

http://www.fototime.com/inv/E9A59EEE003FD85
John Mason

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System