PMTS Forum

Re: Pulling the feet back

Postby SkierSynergy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:45 pm

The movements of foot pull back are simple to learn and effective

SkierSynergy.com -- comprehensive services for the girlfriends of skiers
SkierSynergy

Postby h.harb » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:44 am

We didn't have time to add this exercise to the Fore/aft DVD, but in the next edition, I'll be presenting the details to the "Super Foot Pull Back", with the mute grab, as I'm doing here. Jay caught this as I was demonstrating to the group the flexibility needed for constant forward position over the skis. This is on iM 78.
h.harb

Postby MonsterMan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:36 pm

after rooming with him, yes he does smoke and he looks just like his avatar.

Did you notice the strong cheesy smell from above his shoulders?
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby Icanski » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:26 pm

h.harb wrote:This is on iM 78.

Oh sure, you had to do it on the 'fat' skis. :twisted: :)
Icanski

I just wonder how long it will take for that picture to show up on Epic.... :roll:
Icanski

Postby nickia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:58 pm

Max_501 wrote:Because we use a flex movement to release the turn its important to pull both feet back at transition to get the feet back under our hips (or as close as we can). This is done by contracting the hamstrings.

Here is an example of what a strong pull back of both feet looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BToYX1r8Bo4

In addition, its important to pull/hold the inside foot back throughout the turn.

Hi Max,

I notice I tend to lose control if my stance ski gets too far forward during two footed release even if I pull my free foot back really hard.

How do you pull the feet back at the release during Two footed release? The fore/aft DVD has the two feet pullback drill but that movement lifts the ski tails which is very abrupt when I do it at TFR. Do I use the same movement for TFR but less rigorously so the ski tails don't lift up?
nickia

Postby Max_501 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:37 am

nickia wrote:How do you pull the feet back at the release during Two footed release? The fore/aft DVD has the two feet pullback drill but that movement lifts the ski tails which is very abrupt when I do it at TFR. Do I use the same movement for TFR but less rigorously so the ski tails don't lift up?

During linked high energy BPSTs the tails may come up, but for a stationary TFR drill the tails don't lift off the snow.

1 - do you have dorsiflexion at both feet?

2 - are you allowing the stance leg to lengthen or are you maintaining too much knee flexion in the stance leg which causes a squatty hips back stance?

3 - are you flexing to release too early?
Max_501

Postby nickia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:21 am

Max_501 wrote:
nickia wrote:How do you pull the feet back at the release during Two footed release? The fore/aft DVD has the two feet pullback drill but that movement lifts the ski tails which is very abrupt when I do it at TFR. Do I use the same movement for TFR but less rigorously so the ski tails don't lift up?

During linked high energy BPSTs the tails may come up, but for a stationary TFR drill the tails don't lift off the snow.

1 - do you have dorsiflexion at both feet?

2 - are you allowing the stance leg to lengthen or are you maintaining too much knee flexion in the stance leg which causes a squatty hips back stance?

3 - are you flexing to release too early?

Thanks Max.

1. I think my dorsiflexion are ok.
2. I don't think my stance leg lengthens. From some videos I took, I definitely have a squatty hip.
3. I'm not sure. When is considered too early? I recall you commenting on my MA video indicating that I didn't have a release, I think I got it now. I think I was rushing the release with engagement. Instead, I should flex/tip to release. Be patient. Once the skis are flat, then tip strongly to engage. Is this correct?
nickia

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System