Long out side leg? How?

PMTS Forum

Re: Long out side leg? How?

Postby tdk6 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:12 am

BigE wrote:TDK6, this is perhaps the clearest example:

http://www.visitcanaan.com/jr/ski/04.jpg

If you don't get it from these shots, you simply have no idea about what it is.

The clearest example for what? Why do you need a new example, I think my example was every bit as good as this one. For a brief moment I thaught you were backing me but only to find out that you are ranting without any explanation. But cut through the chees, what are you implying I dont get? That skis are being pulled back in that 3rd picture? Let me ask you something, are you saying his hips are not behind his legs because that is one part of this discussion? His left ski is off the snow. This means that there is no excess pressure on the cuff. If there was his skitip would be pressing down on the snow. All Im saying is that if the relese is so aggressive that it creates float where skis are off the snow or with very little pressure and knees are flexed as deeply as in bolters photos then the skier goes through a brief moment of very sencetive for aft balancing where skis are ahead of the hips and needs to be pulled back under hips when pressure returns and as outside leg gets long again during upper c and onwards. This is why some call us being in the back seat.
tdk6

Postby tdk6 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:14 am

h.harb wrote:Here is the difference between Bolter and TDK, I'm going to give Bolter advice and he's gong to do out and work on improving it. TDK will argue he doesn't have to do it because it's not what he needs to do..

Bolter, if you begin releasing (tipping off the edges) before you sink as low (hips going down, getting low, too much too early) as you did in the photo sequence, you'll get more transition power..

Wrong, I will not argue if you give me advice. No comments in my MA thread sofar.
tdk6

Postby Bolter » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:06 pm

h.harb wrote:Here is the difference between Bolter and TDK, I'm going to give Bolter advice and he's gong to do out and work on improving it. TDK will argue he doesn't have to do it because it's not what he needs to do..

Bolter, if you begin releasing (tipping off the edges) before you sink as low (hips going down, getting low, too much too early) as you did in the photo sequence, you'll get more transition power..

Thank you. I spent time tody on it and also opening the outside hip.
Bolter

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System