A-Basin - one week late - anyone wanna play?

PMTS Forum

A-Basin - one week late - anyone wanna play?

Postby John Mason » Tue May 04, 2004 7:44 pm

Anyone for skiing Friday and Saturday at A-basin? I missed the party, but it looks like I'll be coming for real this weekend.

I'll be bringing my brother in law (head of a supermax prison swat team - so don't give me any trouble) who has skied once, but has only been trained in PMTS moves and does really fine on blues already. He doesn't know how to wedge yet - it's a beautiful thing to watch!

Saturday my youngest son will be up as well.

Sunday is up in the air at the momment depending on if we fly or drive up.

Hobbit - you around? SCSA - how do you fit skis in that TT?
John Mason

Postby *SCSA » Tue May 04, 2004 8:09 pm

Brick Layer,

I just put my stuff away, had my little end of the year ceremony (again), told Sarah that I was only comin back if it's a powder day, the whole thing! I even took the racks off the tt!

Now you're tellin me you're comin out? If you're really gonna be here, I suppose, I could be talked into an encore. :wink: :)
*SCSA

Postby *SCSA » Tue May 04, 2004 8:15 pm

full moon tonight @ the Bunkhouse. It's all lit up.
*SCSA

so you do use the TT as a practical vehicle

Postby John Mason » Tue May 04, 2004 9:00 pm

where to you put a rack on a tt?

Well - I hope I get to see.

But now you got me worried. Lake Louise is still open. I could go there. They still got a 70 inch base. This is Lake Louise's closing weekend. If you packed it all up, is it getting cruddy? Still seems like it's below 20 at night which should firm things up. Most the runs are still open.

It's gotta beat staring out over the flat corn and soybean fields!
John Mason

Postby Hobbit » Tue May 04, 2004 9:16 pm

Hey John,

You know you can count on me :)
I skied there today. It was a little bit slashy but everything is skiable.
We are expecting another cold front by the end of the week -- can't promise you snow but sure hope for some.

So if you are going to be at A-Basin just let me know.
Hobbit
Site Admin

Hey SCSA - ....

Postby John Mason » Tue May 04, 2004 10:38 pm

Hey SCSA - instead of "bricklayer" I would propose "Mr. 97%". I think there is a lot more meaning in that nickname. Controversial - sure. That's how I got my start on Epic. Everyone thought I was you. Only later did I research why.

Bottom line, it doesn't take much to be at that percentile. Still doesn't mean you have the first idea how to ski, but says worlds about the state of the general skier out there.

Hobbit, at this point we are planning to drive and arrive in the wee hours Friday. So well be there on Friday sometime. Same FRS I suppose?

We have a 9 year old perhaps comming to. But slushy greens are not good for a very first timer. Are they ok first thing in the morning? A-basin rental shops still going?
John Mason

Postby *SCSA » Wed May 05, 2004 6:29 am

Mr. 97% it is! After all, no one over there would ever call me, Mister!

So what's your story? Are you comin to the Basin or not? Pali is just about all skied off for anything but rock skis. That being said, I think I got every last bit of good snow over there with Hobbit.

The top is skiing good. And Sarah makes a mean bloody... :wink: So if you go anywhere else besides the Basin....you're a loser! If it's May, it has to be the Basin!

Besides. Now you got me all worked up for one more day. :)
*SCSA

OK - it's official

Postby John Mason » Wed May 05, 2004 3:06 pm

I got the tickets, rental car, hotel. Now I gotta find - in Indiana! - a ski tote so I can bring 4 pairs of skis.

My FRS number is:

I'll have me - 70 plus day skier in just over 1 year - so getting better but I'm not gonna jump of cliffs or anything.

My brother in law - 2nd day of skiing for him. Does passible turns on blues and edges well. Does not know how to wedge.

My brother in laws 9 year old - first time ever skiing.

And on Saturday my 21 year old son that skis very well.

Also on Saturday a client from Colorado Springs will be bringing his 5 year old son (who just got a new pair of skis) as well.

Well be there by about 10am Friday morning and all day Saturday and all day Sunday.

Missed the party last week so I've created my own belated one!

Come say hello - ski some turns. Hobbit - I'll be beeping you for sure! SCSA - hope you can un-retire for the season. Big E - Canada isn't that far away. Ott - I don't know where your from, but I've always enjoyed your thoughtful posts. I'll buy you lunch if you come up.

Also, my favorite bootfitter has left town for Austria and my son has the most narrow heel to big toe area I've seen. His boots need more work. Anyone know of a truely good bootfitter that will be around? I'd like to get them fixed once and forever. Racer's Edge in Breck? Any suggestions?
John Mason

Postby *SCSA » Wed May 05, 2004 5:03 pm

I'm in! :D
9am in front of the ticket window, on the boardwalk.
Boom!

Can't tell ya about your boots, sorry. But you know what? There's a guy who hangs out @ the Basin, he's always there. He's always in race gear, I think he's w/the Masters? It might even be Jeff B. who hangs out a little on gapic -- not sure.

Anyway, the dude has been hanging around the Basin for a few years now. I know for sure he's hard core and really into it. What I don't know, is that if he's any good or not. Never talked to anyone who's used his services. But I've overheard him talk and he sounds like he really loves it. So if that's the case, you're probably not going to go wrong. He's been around a few years, so he must be doing something right.

Other than that, I have no idea. I never go anywhere else besides HH.

See ya Saturday!
But don't try to talk me into skiing Sunday w/ya. Saturday really is it. :lol:
*SCSA

Re: A-Basin - one week late - anyone wanna play?

Postby Denver Skier » Wed May 05, 2004 6:29 pm

John Mason wrote:Anyone for skiing Friday and Saturday at A-basin? I missed the party, but it looks like I'll be coming for real this weekend.

Yes....what happened to the last big gathering?

I was hoping to meet Diana and Harald at A-Basin. There was also talk of World Cup skiers.

Then all I hear about is two people meeting named SCSA and Hobbit. I guess sometimes small parties are good as well
Denver Skier

Good question

Postby John Mason » Wed May 05, 2004 10:58 pm

Harold posted a thread about seeing some side cut skiers there that weekend. Are sure he wasn't around?

SCSA - Hobbit - who all was around May 1st?

Come on up for the little party. Not barbecue, just turns!
John Mason

Postby Loveland Teli nut » Thu May 06, 2004 3:35 pm

No....he and Diane were at Loveland.

I thought it a bit strange after all the talk of a PMTS gathering that he went elsewhere.

Anyone know why he didn't join the party?
Loveland Teli nut

Postby Lisa » Thu May 06, 2004 6:30 pm

I'm out for business related stuff this weekend. John Mason, Bong from Epic and others are meeting up at 4:00 at the Boat House in Frisco. Scsa, join us?
Lisa

Postby *SCSA » Fri May 07, 2004 7:50 am

Hi Lisa,
That's so cool. So cool. Lisa and I are neighbors now. Folks, anyone who has followed this soap opera saga called "beetching and whining about wedge turns :lol: ) knows that LM used to live in Bean town.

A few years ago, she starts posting -- she's definitely a motivated skier. Now, she's packing up her bags and goin big. I'm tellin ya. This is the kind of thing that I live for.

Hey Lisa,

F'ing Aye, I'm in. Are you talking Saturday? Get Bong to show up to the Basin on Saturday -- I need to rub his bald head for good luck.
*SCSA

Postby *SCSA » Fri May 07, 2004 7:53 am

No, I didn't see HH. It was just the Rooski and I.

Denver skier. You missed it. We had fun, skied every last bit of good snow on Pali, in the alleys.

Alright, so this is it!
We meet at the Basin tamale. I'll be on the boardwalk @ 9am.
*SCSA

Next

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System