Hey Your Highness

PMTS Forum

Hey Your Highness

Postby *SCSA » Sat May 01, 2004 5:55 am

Those turns aren't that great. First of all, he/she/it wouldn't last a Montana minute, making those turns where I ski. Second, sure, that's a nice turn --if ya hang out @ the Yellowstone club.

Maybe you can get all those gapic fans to "Clap for the Wolfman", but not this 'ole cowboy. I got higher standards. Quit hanging out with those who laught at all your jokes -- maybe your skills will improve one day.

C'mon and ski with the boyz -- we'll see about your turnz.
:lol:
*SCSA

Postby milesb » Sat May 01, 2004 7:52 am

ROLMFAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Postby jclayton » Sat May 01, 2004 3:16 pm

SCSA,
are you referring to "Edge Change - Video" on Epic
J.C.
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby *SCSA » Sun May 02, 2004 1:40 am

I'm now officially launching my, going off on gs turns. :lol: Forget about wedge turns, my new thang is gs turns.

I think the whole idea of a gs turn is whooey. That is, unless of course one's goal is to ski like a tourist or a dork their whole life.

I don't see why people even bother with them. Then, for some he/she/it to go off and make a damn video, that's flat out slackering. :roll:

Making turns (at least our definition of a turn. The realskier turn? Hah ha hah) is about -- all about -- a short turn. "The bullet proof short turn." It's so right on.
*SCSA

Postby mechanic » Sun May 02, 2004 9:00 am

SCSA,

Short turns are for people who are afraid of going fast.

m
mechanic

Postby jclayton » Sun May 02, 2004 11:26 am

Now Now SCSA ( I bet the TT is the ladies model ) let's not spit the dummy about turns which most of us find lots of fun .

Who doesn't like indulging in some lazy , relaxed GS turns from time to time . Surely it`s a good way to work on transitions , releases ,edging etc... . Short powerful slalom carves are exciting but you can't get the same sensation of speed that you can with GS turns .

Perhaps you had better qualify what you mean by GS , who can't find turns by world cuppers exciting .

Also credit where credit is due the guy on epic looked powerful and balanced ( if we're talking about the same person ). Maybe you had better put your money where your mouth is and post one of yourself .

There is so much one can do on a GS turn it doesn't have to be " park and ride " , as Harald has said ; moving your inside hand forward and up , tipping more or less , starting your CM moving before you come off the stance ski etc.. . Slowing things gives you a chance to slot in different cues and movements IMHO .

J.C. ( cringing and waiting for the tirade )
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System