Season's End in Tahoe

PMTS Forum

Season's End in Tahoe

Postby jbotti » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:46 pm

It was 75 degrees yesterday at Squaw and it was 90 degrees in Marin County yesterday. On the hill, if you had some real pitch, it was pretty skiable and a lot of fun. The big issue was when you hit the flatter areas. There was no amount of wax that would prevent the constant sticking (my skis were freshly waxed for hot weather). As I look at the weather forecast for the next couple of weeks, it has now finally sunk in that we are in the midst of this season's swan song.
I can say that it has been a great season (starting with 9 feet of snow over 8 days during christmas). I skied 6 days with Harbskisytems (3 with Harald and 3 with Diana). I entered the season as an advanced beginner (although the PSIA people told me I was a solid inetermediate) and I ended the season engaging both my skis on all my turns and comfortable on all terrain. I look forward to skiing with many of you next season at a couple of PMTS camps (no, I can't get my self excited about flying to colorado on May 1, to ski in soup). Until then, it's time for me and many of you to enjoy the warm weather. However if Harald did put something together at Mt Hood this summer, I might be persuaded to come out of my summer retirement.
jbotti

Postby *SCSA » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:15 pm

Way to go.
We'll see you next winter.
Be cool,
*SCSA

Postby Hobbit » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:32 am

I skied in A-Basin on Monday and the snow conditions were terrific. I am not a weather man, but they say we expect another snow system this Thursday. No soap on A-Basin so far. If this was your motivating factor -- it's no good :) . I just hope it will be warm enough when the cold front comes.

Like one of the rock bands was screaming on one of the last year's spring (I would say summer) season Saturday --
"A-Basin in spring is the best kept Colorado secret!
That's what people from Chicago have no clue about!

:lol:
Hobbit
Site Admin

Postby jbotti » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:58 am

Hobbit, someone told me this morning that the Denver area got a good bit of snow over the past week. In fact I was told that the Denver Airport was shut down for a while due to snow. I really had no idea. I just assumed that the conditions in Colorado remained slushy. Clearly over the past two weeks SCSA has commented on just how gooey they have been. I guess I have no excuse any more. Unfortunately I am all out of social capital on the home front. I have skied a ton this year and my socail capital account is empty (and it might be in deficit). I'm sure you will all have a good time especially with some fresh and some cooler temperatures. Thanks for setting me straight.
jbotti

Postby Hobbit » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:22 pm

Sorry to hear that. Breck got 7 to 8 inches of powder on the closing day on Sunday, and I was doing fresh tracks from 9 AM until 1 PM -- the place was literally empty. Vail was extra slashy by the end of the season, but Keystone & Breck were OK.

Just wishing that more folks can make it to the party. and give you some motivation to do so :(
Hobbit
Site Admin

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System