How does PMTS generate rotary turns like at the top of Mogul

PMTS Forum

Postby mechanic » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:29 am

It would appear that discussion has been precluded by word from on high.
One last comment though, whatever it is I am doing does not result in pivioting of the skis. It seems to be that many PMTS trained skiers assume that rotary input equals piviot of the skis. This is not true. The ski only responds to rotary input by pivioting if it is flat. Given that my skis are only flat for a very small fraction of a second each turn and seldom are both skis flat they only pivot when I want them to.

m
mechanic

Postby piggyslayer » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:20 pm

Mechanic,
For me the discussion was not a waist. I have learned what other people try to do with their skiing and this was educational experience for me.
I found your posts an interesting reading.
It would appear that discussion has been precluded by word from on high.

The discussion of ?hidden? rotary effects of PMTS continued over at least 3 threads.
Together with Jeff, I tried to defend the position that no rotary movements are part of proper PMTS turn. Thus, it is good that Harald post has finally cleared the confusion.
seems to be that many PMTS trained skiers assume that rotary input equals piviot of the skis. This is not true.

I think, it is clear that small rotary input results in a small controlled skid. PMTS defines ways to accomplish round turns of any radius and velocity without rotary input and, thus, reduces skid.

What I think some non-PMTS skiers do not understand is that all variety of great turns can be accomplished without any rotary impact.
I think a typical concern for these folks is speed control; this is the reason I kept posting my explanations of how pulling the feet back bends the skis and creates slow turns (brushed if done aggressively).

So, mechanic, convert to the dark side and join with us :wink:. The lateral PMTS skiers!
Piggy Slayer
let the piggy breathe
piggyslayer

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System