Note from the field on 3-18-04

PMTS Forum

SCSA info

Postby John Mason » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:28 am

Was the 4th user to sign on to this forum on Oct 4th. Looks like your already in here but don't know your password. I don't see any function to e-mail the password if you forget it. I'm not sure how to contact the Admin to reset it either, or if there is a functioning Admin.

Maybe I should offer to pull this into our server. Right now it's hosted off-site and I'm not sure how much if any direct control anyone has to support it.

We use the same software and just use MySql under it for the database. This software is PHP based and free. It would take a matter of minutes to re-establish it and even to move the history of messages off if the current provider would zip the database down.

But, if it's ever moved or changed, I think it can benefit from more categories besides the addition of real admin and moderation capability.

We should talk about this at the party!
John Mason

Postby -- SCSA » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:40 am

MySQL? Yuck! :wink:

You actually use it? We looked at it. It's free and all that, but dang. I'd rather pay a few bucks and use SQL Server 7. It comes with support, great tools (Enterprise Manager, Query analyser).

Anywhoo, yeah, let's bring it up at the party. I could certainly host the site at my place, but my guys are real busy right now.
-- SCSA

Postby Jeff Markham » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:42 am

The login screen has an "I forgot my password" hyperlink. SCSA, have you tried this? If that doesn't work, you could try emailing Peter Keelty or PMing the "realskie" user (who was the first registered user and might be the administrator).
Jeff Markham

Postby -- SCSA » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:45 am

So I just tried to register as another username, but it won't let me, due to the duplicate email address.

Need to get my password reset.
-- SCSA

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System