Video for PMTS motion analysis.....

PMTS Forum

Postby Highway star » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:04 pm

geoffsep1963 wrote:It's all in the books, please listen, everyone here wants to learn, but you could ask better questions if you did a bit of study first.

Not to be flippant, but I just don't want to change my skiing that much. I like how I ski, really!!!! It's fun, and I like to have my own style.

Reading the book is probably most helpful within the specific carving and skiing style you guys practice, but I'm just not interested in skiing how you guys ski. I ski faster, on funky terrain, and I try to ski it BIG.

What I AM interested in, is if there's specific concepts that PMTS teaches that will specificly apply to MY STYLE of skiing, and improve it, without changing it. Which is why I posted the clip I did.

Thanks.
Highway star

Postby Highway star » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:07 pm

I'm out, for real.....ciao.
Highway star

Postby greg » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:19 pm

highway star wrote:and improve it, without changing it.

That's an oxymoron. To improve something requires change.
greg

Postby dewdman42 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:33 pm

Highway star wrote:What I AM interested in, is if there's specific concepts that PMTS teaches that will specificly apply to MY STYLE of skiing, and improve it, without changing it. Which is why I posted the clip I did.

Highway, picture a bunch of people standing around scratching their heads with blank stares thinking "huh?".

Everything in Essentials will help you understand WHY certain things work better. You don't have to use it. You can choose to ignore all of it if you want, but at least your understanding will improve and you know you might actually end up using some of it without really compromising this style you think you need to hold on to.

Honestly, nobody here is interested in skiing the way your video shows or even trying to help you look flashier at it. What we know about are sound ski techniques used by skiers at all levels including extreme skiing experts, WC racers. If you want to get a few points, get the $15 book and read it.
dewdman42

Postby NoCleverName » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:45 pm

Well, we are supposed to be able to locate the Single Most Important Move to help a skier ... so in this case I'd say it's a complete lack of ski-tipping skills exhibited in this run ... and I'm sure you can tip.

In fact, I saw only one actual turn, and that was just before you hit the water bar. Everything else was a leap from one side of the trail to the other with little short straight runs in between leaps. Now I don't really have a good eye, but there it is: I didn't see any turning for most of the run.

To turn a ski, it must be on edge, to put it on edge it must be tipped. Now if this run didn't permit turning, well I guess PMTS won't have much to say ... as it doesn't for inverted aerials, either! :) Tipping skills aren't easily perfected with huge skis.

It's OK if you "don't want to ski like us" (or at least the guys who can really ski PMTS, not me) because I imagine they certainly wouldn't want to ski like you. Frankly, in that run, you just looked like an ordinary mediocre hacker you see every day. Looking like a survivor isn't going to turn anyone's head, you know.
NoCleverName

CIAO

Postby Hobbit » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:00 pm

That was almost epic [like] for a few hours :wink:.

CIAO
Hobbit
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System