PSIA wide stance dead end

PMTS Forum

Postby Max_501 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:55 pm

The SuperShapes make a great all mountain ski up to 12" or so. They do surprisingly well in the bumps too. Deeper/heavier and I prefer the Atomic Metron B5 which is still decent in the bumps.
Max_501

Postby Ken » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:12 pm

Yes, the Supershapes do almost everything excellently, but who believes it from these short, wasp-waisted skis...until they've tried them. And, some prefer the i.XRC or Monster line for all-mountain.

In the Seattle area, Head skis are hard to find except the the in-vogue fatties. I think it's because they're priced high, not marketed widely, and the store staff isn't adequately trained to sell these higher priced, less advertised skis, as good as they might be.

Ken
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Postby dewdman42 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:26 pm

Last season I looked all over the place for a pair of the m72's to try, including in Seattle area and Utah and never found anyone stocking that ski. Anyway, I tried the new M82 end of season and for PNW conditions its pretty awesome. I will probably get a pair of those. I just have to use something else on sunny bump days.
dewdman42

Shameless plug

Postby SkierSynergy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:36 am

I have a few pairs of skis that I want to sell. I will really cut a great price on any of these.
Skis only w/o bindings.

a pair of XRC 1200 SW Liquidmetals in 170 cm that I would like to sell. Used less than 4 times. They were replacements for a pair of 1100 SW that I used to have.
$250.

a pair of 04/05 World Cup Salom Laminates (silver with the square tail) in a 161 cm. $170

03/04 Monster 75s with the older style railflex in 177 cm. These used to be Harald's, then I used them for a few weeks in Alaska and Chile. Still lots left in these. $100.

I also know someone with a pair of 03/04 SL chips in a 155 cm with bindings. A great teaching ski.

PM me for a great deal on either.
SkierSynergy.com -- comprehensive services for the girlfriends of skiers
SkierSynergy

Postby NYCJIM » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:26 pm

I thought I was skiing with a narrow stance, but it wasn?t narrow enough, because my skis would skid out a bit and/or not be too graceful while carving.

So I watched somebody looking so smooth and graceful and thought, I WANT TO DO THAT!

So I copied him, put my skis very close together and the result was AMAZING.

I had been afraid to put my skis too close together, thinking I?d trip over them, thinking I needed to perfect my balance before that.

But my balance instantly improved the minute I put my skis together.

Everything was easier after that, control, balance, carving, parallel.

Life instantly changes on the slope when you narrow your stance. I learned that in Harald?s book! But I needed to see for myself. It works!
NYCJIM

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System