SCSA... "The Big Show" this Saturday.

PMTS Forum

SCSA... "The Big Show" this Saturday.

Postby PinHed » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:24 pm

Hiiiiiii SCSA,

How're tricks? Good to see you haven't lost your fight, woosey. :lol:

I'm gonna be skiing Vail this Saturday with some Epic rowdies. Will your wife let you come out to play? I'd love to see you again and hear all the smack talk you got to dish out on everyone ...as usual. More importantly, you get the chance to try and out-bump me ...a little 'ole freeheeler. I can't wait. 8)

I tried emailing you on you're ****-e.com domain ...but no cigar. It was returned as undeliverable. :roll:
PinHed

Postby gravity » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:30 pm

Would it be okay if I joined too? You two sound like a funny pair and I wouldn't mind meeting some of the Epic crew either.

PinHed, I tele too ...so maybe we can school the alpiners a little. :wink:
gravity

Postby PinHed » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:14 pm

The more the merrier, G. I see you like the bumps ...me too. Frontside bumps at Vail are pretty good.

SCSA double ejects a lot in the bumps... or at least he used to. :lol: Maybe some of the PMTS stuff has fixed that. So, if you don't mind waiting for him to pick up his yardsale sheeet once in a while then I'd say bring your game and let's have fun.

Oh, and stretch a lot before you come. SCSA is going to be barking a lot 'bout his stretching and how he's a MUCH better skier than before because of it. So if we all stretch then we can check that off the list before he gets carried away with it. :P
PinHed

Postby -- SCSA » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:16 pm

Sheet!
Sorry I missed this.

The snow was great. Was that gravity I saw in the Volant jacket??? gravity. Join right in.

Next weekend is fine, either day. I could do this Thurzday, too.
-- SCSA

Postby -- SCSA » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:18 pm

Look at Pinhed talking trash!
Pinhed. Start taking your asprin now, you're gonna need it.

My bet is that I'll drop Pinhed on the first run. gravity, he looks like he might be a little tougher.
-- SCSA

Postby -- SCSA » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:23 pm

Pinhed is easy to dump.

All you have to do, is ski buy a female. Pinhed then looks the other way and falls. :P

Okay, we got ourselves a nice little ski off going, great. Count me in. I just have to stay out of the trees. Other than that, let's rock!
-- SCSA

Postby PinHed » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:39 pm

SCSA, what's your addy? Call me at 970 968-2318 ext. 88999 and the virtual operator will drop you into my voice mail. You can handle that can't you dial logic boy? :D
PinHed

Postby PinHed » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:44 pm

-- SCSA wrote:Pinhed is easy to dump.

All you have to do, is ski buy a female. Pinhed then looks the other way and falls. :P

Heh! :lol:
PinHed

Postby gravity » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:49 pm

PinHed,

One of the guys I skied with at A-Basin yesterday said he knows you. Were you there in a black jacket and grey pants? He says that was you skiing with another tele'er.
gravity

Postby gravity » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:56 pm

-- SCSA wrote:Sheet!
Sorry I missed this.

The snow was great. Was that gravity I saw in the Volant jacket??? gravity. Join right in.

Next weekend is fine, either day. I could do this Thurzday, too.

Wasn't me SCSA. I've only skied Vail a few times. I'm working on getting a freebie for Saturday. I don't want to miss this reunion between you two.

BTW, if that was PinHed in the black jacket that I saw yesterday...
Whoever it was... he ripped a line on exhibition through the rocks and debris and made it look like child's play. He can definitely rip bumps cause he nailed the bump course on Ramrod too ...and I mean nailed it. His entire upper body was still enough to put a glass of water on his head and one in each hand and they'd be full at the end of the course. Props to you bro. 8) 8)

I think I'm in a different league with my tele skiing than this guy. :oops:
gravity

Postby -- SCSA » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:46 pm

gravity,

If you get a ticket, post here. I'll keep a watch.

Vail? Normally, it's good to go to the Beav on Saturdays, to miss the crowds. Park at Arrowhead.

So if it's a Saturday, come to the Beav instead. :!: But if you really wanna go to Vail, that'd be cool too. But I'll try and talk you into coming to the Beav...
-- SCSA

Postby -- SCSA » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:34 pm

Pinhed,

I was out all afternoon at the Beav, tearin it up. Laps on Grouse, for 4 hours! Perregine, Royal Elk, Bald Eagle, Falcon Park, Osprey, Gawshak, Gawshak trees. I was on fire!

The snow was great! Oh man! The snow is great! A little stiff, but who cares?!

Listen to me.

It was snowing hard when I left. The last run down Tomahawk at Arrowhead, there was already 2" of new. I'm guessing they'll be at least 4" of new for the morning and I'm all over it. I'm fing all over it! :!:

Are you in? :?:

Meet me at the Arrowhead parking lot, booted up by 9am. We'll tear it up.
-- SCSA

Postby -- SCSA » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:44 pm

Pinhed,

Can you bring some of your pals with you, too? :P I'm really in the mood for rippin right now.

Nice post Pinhed, you got me fired up! :!:

You know Pinhed, I got back from Jackson, then I went and made turnz over at the Big Show for a few days. When I got my senses back and went back to the Beav, I was outta shape, gettin tossed about in the bumps. Not being at the Beav for a few days, I was missin some mojo! :)

I can't have that!!!!!

Then I read your post and I'm like, "Sheet. I better get with it! Was Pinhed at the Beav, spying on me??". So I did. Nothin like a few dayz at the Beav, to get a guy back on track. So c'mon, Pinhed, I'm waiting. SCSA is feelin it right now. Let's go rip.

8) :lol: :D
-- SCSA

Postby -- SCSA » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:04 pm

Hi gravity,

With all due respect to Ramrod, can we really call it a tough bump run? Not dissin you bro, but I can't. Maybe for bump wannabes, but other than that, I don't think Ramrod is tough at all.

Not taking anything away from the skier you watched. He/she/it probably could make nice turns.

But in order to get another look, I think the ante needs to be higher gravity, don't you?

We can't just go along, all the sudden saying it's great skiing, just because someone nailed an...average bump run!!!!

C'mon, gravity! We must have higher standards! We must also hold ourselves to the highest of standards!

Tough bump runs?
Not in order of predominance, but here's a few I can think of:
1) Far East and Too Much @ Copper
2) Prima, Highline, Genghis, Bwana @ Vail
3) Steeplechase @ Highlands
4) Slalom, @ the Basin
5) Bald Eagle, Perregine @ the Beav

It's great to acknowledge great skiing, but we have to have high standards -- fer cryin out loud!

Aloha,
-- SCSA

Postby -- SCSA » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:12 pm

Pinhed,

I just got a call from Healpusher, in Edwards. There's already 2" of snow in Edwards and it's dumpin!

It's gonna be good.

So bring all your pals and show up. We're ready to rip. You can't just post here, all the sudden callin SCSA a pussy, then not show up. I'm ready, let's go.

You can post here callin me a pussy, but you better be showin up.
-- SCSA

Next

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System