Lance Armstrong wins (sorry update: loses) case on doping!

PMTS Forum

Re: Lance Armstrong wins (sorry update: loses) case on dopin

Postby MonsterMan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:38 pm

I do agree that everyone in the top 10 in all his victories was doping

Really? based on what?

In my opinion, it's bad form to justify Armstrong's/Contador's cheating by accusing others who have integrity. Come on Man!
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby HeluvaSkier » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Pictures are worth 1000 words. Not sure why Andy didn't make the list with brother frank since everyone knows they are on the same training plan. Hell Andy can't use a rest room without brother frank for 'support'.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012 ... oping.html
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby MonsterMan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm

ok I'll give you the Schleck's, that makes four.
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby jbotti » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:02 pm

MonsterMan wrote:
I do agree that everyone in the top 10 in all his victories was doping

Really? based on what?

In my opinion, it's bad form to justify Armstrong's/Contador's cheating by accusing others who have integrity. Come on Man!

I think it's the other way around with a big "come on man to you". Knowing you're Aussie you porbably wnat to defend the honor of your countryman Cadel. But before you make comments like the one you just made you need to read the body of work that has been produced about the sport and about doping in all sports. Game of Shadows would be a good place to start if you wantt to read and truly start to understand the mangitude of what has been occurring. It has alos been pretty much proven that the speeds at which Lance was riding and the pack of competitors that were within 15-20 minutes of him, is just not humanly possible and that no one who was clean was anywhere close to the front in any of his seven victories. This is outlined in multiple reports and studies by USADA and WADA (also good reads).

It is almost impossible to find a top ten guy in any of those races that hasn't in some way been implicated. The better question is who do you actually think was clean in the top ten?

Speeds did slow down a lot after Lances last victory and it is possible that many more cyclists that were near (I doubt at the top) the top were riding clean in later years.

Lastly, I am not justifying his cheating ad in my previous post I said that saying it was a fair race does not account for the clean riders that finished at the back or could not finish. It's not a justification, but rather a statement of fact.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby h.harb » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:15 pm

I don't have a dog in this fight, because, frankly I don't give a dam anymore. "They", (everyone associated with it, the doping agencies, the organizers, the managers and the doctors and riders) ruined the sport and created a bunch of finger pointers, instead. Can we get back to skiing now? I was hoping this thread was going to go away.
h.harb

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System