Video MA - New to PMTS

PMTS Forum

Re: Video MA - New to PMTS

Postby h.harb » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:14 pm

I dont know maybe I am seeing things but that would cause a straight leg in his left turns.

the better question I dont know is this. Is the banked pelvis due to the straight leg? or is the straight leg due to a banked pelvis?

You won't know until you fix the alignment. You are responding to symptoms, not causes. Do you have PSIA training?
h.harb

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:54 pm

You're right about the alignment Harald. I spotted it for the first time last season when we started skiing together a lot more than I had skied with him in previous seasons. I think I have finally convinced him to get it fixed (he was very nonchalant about it until I told him it was holding him back and then showed it to him). Just looking at it when skiing with him it looks like he is out multiple degrees. Today I had him skiing with his stance VERY narrow so he could see the difference in the turns (at the same time I had him working on better inside leg flexion). On his right turns his legs were touching and on the left turns there was a sizable gap. I think he is going to have his boots (Dobermann 130) corrected the weekend of the 10th (plan to go both fore/aft and lateral). Should I hold off and report back or keep working technical points with him?
Thanks,
Greg
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby h.harb » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm

First who's doing the measuring and alignment. I don't know anyone back east who can do it right except Glenn Scannel. Do something right away like inserting a shim.
h.harb

Postby HeluvaSkier » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:58 am

h.harb wrote:First who's doing the measuring and alignment. I don't know anyone back east who can do it right except Glenn Scannel. Do something right away like inserting a shim.

Dennis or Miguel at Mud Sweat and Gears - Ellicottville. They did mine.

HeluvaSkier

Postby h.harb » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:24 pm

After another look at your brother’s skiing. There is a lot to like. After the alignment is done, I’d have him focus on getting the skis closer and laying the outside leg (knee touch the boot) over to the inside boot. His flexing is fine, inside tipping is fine, can’t really tell about fore/aft from that angle, but it appears functional.
h.harb

Postby Ken » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:14 pm

HeluvaSkier wrote: I will tell you that getting his hips forward is not a strong point of his (he and I have the "backseat" discussion quite often).
Wrong view point. Get the feet back, not the hips forward. Same thing, but a much more effective way to produce the desired result.
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Postby HeluvaSkier » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:48 am

Ken wrote:Wrong view point. Get the feet back, not the hips forward. Same thing, but a much more effective way to produce the desired result.

Interestingly, that is the way I have explained it to him - putting his feet behind him.

HeluvaSkier

Postby Max_501 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:33 am

I've been working with thinking of pulling the feet back and getting the hips forward (via outside leg extension).
Max_501

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System