Speed Control Issues - Help, please...?

PMTS Forum

Postby Ourayite » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Thanks Harald. That really helped to clarify things for me. I will be skiing all weekend and will be working on these issues. I'll post with the results.
Ourayite

Postby h.harb » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:06 pm

BTW, I don't know too many skiers, even ex-world cupers who can two line, rail carve, on black icy slopes.
h.harb

Postby Ourayite » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:46 pm

That is very good to know. Maybe I'm being a bit unrealistic.... :) Wouldn't be the first time.

Sent you a PM about the accreditation camp.
Ourayite

Postby François » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:58 pm

I'm not a PMTS instructor, but my suggestion might work anyway. I suggest that you ease up on the bottom of the turn, but still continue it uphill. Turn longer, but less sharply at the end. Then transition quickly to the new edges (High C). Or you could just get used to skiing faster :twisted:
François

Postby Ourayite » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:17 am

Spent all day yesterday focusing on this problem. Discovered a couple of things. One is that I counter much more consistently on one side than the other on any terrain. The second is that when faced with steep terrain I tend to drop one or more factors altogether.

Sometimes it's countering, sometimes tipping, sometimes I blow the transition by rushing my outside ski. Went back to the blues and just focused on the basics for 3 hours. some of these skills are just not as engrained as I imagined they were.

Heading back out now for anoter day. Think I have alreadu cured the one sided counterbalance issue
Ourayite

Speed Control Issues- High C Hookup

Postby b.albrecht » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:36 pm

Harald: The posted video clip is exactly what we needed to see. I will try to carry it in my mind's eye for as long qas I can. Great visual!
Margi and Bob
bob
b.albrecht

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System