Postby h.harb » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:18 pm

[youtube]"https://youtube.com/embed/FSvslwVXzqw"[/youtube]
[url]"https://youtube.com/embed/FSvslwVXzqw"[/url]

[url]/FSvslwVXzqw[/url]
[youtube]/FSvslwVXzqw[/youtube]
h.harb

Re: Skiing in Hintertux right now.

Postby jbotti » Tue May 03, 2022 3:56 pm

The better my skiing gets, the more I ski with Harald, the more I appreciate the excellence of his skiing. Yes, we all know he rips, but for me it's the little things: the way he gets max performance out of the ski in every arc and how the distance between skis remains perfectly constant and how the angles between the two skis are exactly the same in every arc and at every point in the arc. Harald teaches progressive LTE tipping (increasing free foot tipping throughout the arc) and you can see it in his skiing. Back off on the inside tipping and some small amount of edge angle divergence occurs even with really good skiers. But you never see it in HH's skiing. In chatting with Max501 he pointed out that one can never come close to achieving this with any intentional rotation or big toe dominance. Many people have used the word elegance to define HH's skiing. In PMTS we might define a good part of elegance as the perfect use of progressive LTE tipping in every arc.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby h.harb » Mon May 16, 2022 2:50 pm

Thank you, John, wow what a great compliment, the best most complimentary description of my skiing I have ever read. Now I have to live up to it. It's getting harder to ski like Harald Harb every year. It requires non-stop work, and that is without a setback with a nagging injury. Never stop working toward getting better, for sure, sometimes staying even is a huge victory.
h.harb

Postby Basil j » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:38 am

I think elegance is a nice way to summarize Mr. Harb's skiing for sure. For any aging skier ( I'll be 62 next month) the battle becomes as about maintenance and injury prevention as it does about improvement. PMTS eliminates any useless or unproductive movements in skiing, keeping it simple with a clear roadmap for good skiing and more importantly good fun on the snow.
Basil j

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System